County & State Resources
In Crisis? Emergency Numbers
- Local medical emergency/mental health crisis
- CMC-Randolph 24-Hour Call Center
- Mecklenburg & Cabarrus 24-Hour Call Line & Mobile Crisis Services
- National Suicide Prevention 24-Hour Call Center
To Access Local Mental Health Services - Non Emergency Numbers
NC Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services
Other Frequently Called Numbers
- Cabarrus County Magistrate's Office (Involuntary Commitment)
- Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services
- Mecklenburg County Health Department
- Mecklenburg County Magistrate's Office (Involuntary Commitment)
- Mecklenburg Social Security Office
- Medicaid Questions (Dept. of Social Services)
- United Way 211 - Community Resource Database
MHA's ParentVOICE program offers separate monthly support groups for parents, youth, and grandparents who are primary caretakers of youth with behavioral, emotional, and mental health challenges. Call (704) 365-3454.
We encourage the formation of support groups.
For a publication of local Psychotherapy Groups led by licensed professionals, click here.
Links to local support groups
Support Works - SupportWorks provides information on the following groups: