MHA's Featured Group Practice is Presbyterian Psychological Services
Presbyterian Psychological Services is a non-profit, interdisciplinary center mental health center for psychology, pastoral counseling, career assessment and counseling, and community education with offices throughout Charlotte and in Concord, Belmont, and Cornelius.
The clinical staff at Presbyterian Psychological Services is committed to providing the highest quality services possible. They are unique in living out that dedication through weekly two-hour meetings used to continue professional development and to keep abreast of new developments in their field through clinical consultations and continuing education efforts. In keeping with the contemporary emphasis on integrated health care, the staff consults with primary care physicians and other providers when clinically indicated.
PPS accepts a number of insurance plans as well as a range of private fees and income-based sliding scale fees. They offer a variety of clinical services to the community regardless of age, race, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation and including:
* Adult psychotherapy or psychoanalysis
* Assessment: intellectual, educational, personality, giftedness, ADHD, autism spectrum
* Career assessment and counseling
* Child, adolescent, and family psychotherapy
* Couples therapy
* Integrated Healthcare Counseling using the Duke "Wheel of Health" approach
* Marriage preparation counseling and marriage wellness check-ups
* Pastoral Counseling/Spiritual Direction
* Trauma assessment and recovery services for sexual abuse/assault/rape victims, survivors of physical or emotional abuse/neglect, medical/fire fighting/law enforcement first responders, and the full range of developmental traumas.
Visit the Presbyterian Psychological Services website at: www.presbypsych.org.